- http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/writing-in-public-year-2-month-12-day-23/: Dean Wesley Smith on changes in the publishing industry and new ways of approaching being a writer and publisher;
- http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/writing-in-public-year-2-month-12-day-22/: Dean Wesley Smith on cash streams in the new world of publishing and how these differ from traditional publishing.
- http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/writing-in-public-year-2-month-12-day-17/: Dean Wesley Smith on how to make a living on short fiction - and the writing life.
- http://jakonrath.blogspot.com.au/2015/07/ebook-subscriptions-q-a.html: a mock-up conversation on changes in the publishing industry
- http://jakonrath.blogspot.com.au/2015/07/subscription-ebook-services.html: Joe Konrath on the rise of subscription services.
- http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/writing-in-public-year-2-month-11-day-25/: Dean Wesley Smith on writing, living, KDP and pay-per-page - also eggs in one basket.
- http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/the-new-world-of-publishing-the-real-price-of-traditional-publishing/: Dean Wesley Smith on the world of traditional publishing and what it costs. Just when I have doubts about going through a publishing house, he goes and sums up what my research told me nearly five years ago.
- https://writeitforward.wordpress.com/2015/07/02/yes-once-more-amazon-is-screwing-authors-set-to-pay-them-006-per-page/: Bob Mayer on the Amazon pay-per-page debate.
- https://writeitforward.wordpress.com/2015/06/30/is-the-subscription-model-in-trouble-scribd-dumps-romance-titles/: Bob Mayer on the subscription model and ScribD
- https://writeitforward.wordpress.com/2015/06/21/the-authors-guild-has-a-fair-contract-initiative/: Bob Mayer on Authors Guild contract advice
- http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2015/06/29/brian-white-of-fireside-lets-feed-some-storytellers/: Fireside Fiction, its needs and its mission.
- http://dndadventurersleague.org/being-the-dungeon-master-in-a-shared-universe/: On being a Dungeon Master and organised play
About Writing and Writing Tips
- http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2015/07/24/todays-flash-fiction-writing-challenge-is-not-about-fiction/: Chuck Wendig asks writers to share why they write.
- http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2015/07/21/think-plan-write-edit-repeat/: Chuck Wendig with some commonsense writing tips
- http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2015/07/15/writing-a-lot-writing-a-little-and-the-power-of-failure/: Chuck Wendig on writing - from a Twitter conversation with other writers
- http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/writing-in-public-year-2-month-12-day-21/: Dean Wesley Smith on the importance of writing and how writing short stories can help you find your next novel, world or setting.
- http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/writing-in-public-year-2-month-12-day-20/: Dean Wesley Smith on the writing life and more about making money from writing
- http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/writing-in-public-year-2-month-12-day-18/: Dean Wesley Smith on the writing life and on the wisdom of writing what you love
- https://fantasyhandbook.wordpress.com/2015/07/21/de-bullet-point-your-dialog/: Philip Athans talks about de-bullet pointing your dialogue in stories.
- http://kriswrites.com/2015/07/08/business-musings-brain-quakes/: Kristine Kathryn Rusch writes about shaking up the brain and learning new things and avoiding ruts and why they're important.
- https://fantasyhandbook.wordpress.com/2015/07/07/exactly-how-long-a-chapter-should-be/: Philip Athans on the perfect chapter length
- https://writeitforward.wordpress.com/2015/07/07/outlining-craft-tuesday-at-write-on-the-river/: Bob Mayer talks abut the value of outlining a novel
- http://kriswrites.com/2015/07/01/business-musings-writing-for-the-ages/: Kristine Kathryn Rusch writes about writing, how writing dates, and writing advice
- http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/writing-in-public-year-2-month-12-day-2/: Dean Wesley Smith on the challenge of writing a story every day, and especially on 'writing in the dark' or what I call 'writing cold'.
- http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/writing-in-public-year-2-month-12-day-1/: Dean Wesley Smith on the writing life and title generators.
- http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/writing-in-public-year-2-month-11-day-29/: Dean Wesley Smith on writing, living and writers setting goals.
- http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/writing-in-public-year-2-month-11-day-27/: Dean Wesley Smith on writing, living and what to expect when setting writing goals and life intervenes.
- https://writeitforward.wordpress.com/2015/06/30/book-dissection-craft-tuesday-at-write-on-the-river/: Bob Mayer on dissecting books of the genre to see how they were successful
- https://writeitforward.wordpress.com/2015/06/23/research-craft-tuesday-at-write-on-the-river/: Bob Mayer on the importance of research and how it can be used to spark ideas
- https://writeitforward.wordpress.com/2015/06/20/good-is-the-enemy-of-great-5-things-special-forces-taught-me/: Bob Mayer on success and what to expect and other stuff
- https://writeitforward.wordpress.com/2015/06/16/conflict-the-fuel-of-your-story-craft-tuesday-at-write-on-the-river/: Bob Mayer on mapping conflict in stories, a more mechanical approach than I usually take, but one I should consider for at least some of my stuff
- https://writeitforward.wordpress.com/2015/06/09/3911/: Bob Mayer talks about theme and intent in writing and getting it across
- http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2015/06/30/the-secret-behind-making-me-care-about-your-characters/: Chuck Wendig on how to keep readers reading through character crafting
- http://kriswrites.com/2015/07/03/a-new-short-story/: Kristine Kathryn Rusch sells a story to Asimov's
- http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2015/07/01/blackbirds-is-a-kindle-deal-sdcc-and-more/: Chuck Wendig on a new Kindle deal and SDCC workshops
- http://rleebyers.livejournal.com/120500.html: Richard Lee Byers' schedule for GenCon
- http://rleebyers.livejournal.com/119763.html: Richard Lee Byers has a short story release
- http://rleebyers.livejournal.com/119418.html: Richard Lee Byers has a novella available
- http://rleebyers.livejournal.com/119163.html: Richard Lee Byers on Pulp Podcast
- http://rleebyers.livejournal.com/118627.html: Richard Lee Byers working with Risen Phoenix Studios
- http://rleebyers.livejournal.com/118500.html: Richard Lee Byers going to Stokercon 2016
- https://www.writersonlineworkshops.com/courses/worldbuilding-in-science-fiction-and-fantasy-writing: an on-line science fiction and fantasy world-building workshop run by Philip Athans
- http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/june-online-workshops/: a variety of workshops on the craft of writing and the business of it.
Flash Fiction Challenges:
- http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2015/07/03/flash-fiction-challenge-six-random-titles/: deadline July 10.
- http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2015/07/17/flash-fiction-challenge-random-phrase/: deadline July 24th
The Writing Life
- http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/writing-in-public-year-2-month-12-day-19/: Dean Wesley Smith on the writing life and the importance of writers to practice commonsense.
- http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/writing-in-public-year-2-month-12-day-8/: Dean Wesley Smith on writing, life balance and enjoying writing
- http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/writing-in-public-year-2-month-12-day-6/: Dean Wesley Smith on writing, living and the power of a challenge
- http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/writing-in-public-year-2-month-12-day-5/: Dean Wesley Smith on writing and writing to a challenge.
- http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/writing-in-public-year-2-month-12-day-4/: Dean Wesley Smith on the power of challenge and writing short stories cold.
- www.deanwesleysmith.com/writing-in-public-year-2-month-12-day-3/: Dean Wesley Smith on writing, living, and the hazards of the fourth of July.
- http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/writing-in-public-year-2-month-11-day-30/: Dean Wesley Smith on writing, living and the short story writing challenge that will run in July.
- http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/writing-in-public-year-2-month-11-day-28/: Dean Wesley Smith on writing.
- http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/writing-in-public-year-2-month-11-day-26/: Dean Wesley Smith on writing and living.
- http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/writing-in-public-year-2-month-11-day-24/: Dean Wesley Smith on writing, living and cats.
- http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/writing-in-public-year-2-month-11-day-23/: Dean Wesley Smith on writing, living and a new writing challenge.
- http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/writing-in-public-year-2-month-11-day-22/: Dean Wesley Smith on writing and living.
- http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/writing-in-public-year-2-month-11-day-21/: Dean Wesley Smith on writing and living.
- http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/writing-in-public-year-2-month-11-day-20/: Dean Wesley Smith on life and writing... or not writing, as the case may be.
- http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/writing-in-public-year-2-month-11-day-19/: Dean Wesley Smith on life and writing.
- https://writeitforward.wordpress.com/2015/06/10/no-news-is-good-news/: Bob Mayer on technology and real life.
- http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2015/07/06/eject/: Chuck Wendig on taking a break from social media
- http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2015/06/29/in-which-i-learn-to-talk-less-and-listen-more/: Chuck Wendig on social media lessons and etiquette