First Words: September 04, 2018—Mack ‘n’ Me: The Wolves of Alpha 9

Today’s words started okay, but were interrupted by the school-run madness, and a walk, so I’m only just getting back to them. Here are the first words from this morning… Honestly, there are some days when I think Cutter has a death wish.
----------------------------------------------------------------

“Answer my question!” barked out with enough force to make me jump.
I swallowed down a knot of nerves, and felt Mack inside my head. This time, he was looking through my eyes, and listening with my ears, pulling the data straight from my senses and the implant record—and I was pretty damned sure he was transferring them straight to the screen, too, goddammit!
I didn’t have time protest. I’d spent too long in my head, and Varian nudged me.
“You were asked a question.”
Again, that perfect Gal, and I realised the captain was speaking it, too. Inside my head, I could feel Mack holding his breath, and couldn’t resist the spike of mischief that ran through me. Before Mack, or Tens, or Rohan could do anything to stop me, I gave the wolf captain my answer.
“I wondered what the beaches were like, this time of year.”
Yeah. Now, Mack wanted to kill me… or maybe just wring my neck. It was hard to tell, but the man was pissed. I was guessing there were another three rounds on the mats in my very near future, and the thought made me smirk.
Given the wolf captain didn’t know I was smirking at the captain inside my head, and not him, that was probably a mistake.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Would you like to read more? 

The first three books and two short stories in the Mack ‘n’ Me ‘n’ Odyssey series: Mack ‘n’ Me: Origins, The Depredides Dance, Mack ‘n’ Me: Blaedergil’s Host, Mack ‘n’ Me: Arach and Cloud Door, are also available. The fourth book, Mack ‘n’ Me: The Transporter’s Favour will release shortly.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go