Yesterday’s First Words: September 01, 2018—Mack ‘n’ Me: The Wolves of Alpha 9

It was late when I finished doing a very little bit of writing, yesterday. Here are the first words from that late-night session:
 
----------------------------------------------------------------

Varian looked down at my ribs, and then back up into my face. I’ll give him this, his eyes didn’t linger anywhere else. Good man.
“You know we’re gonna have to do somethin’ about that.”
He even managed to look apologetic.
I looked around the cavern, and then made a point of nudging a pile of spider guts near my boot.
“You got somewhere cleaner we could go?”
There was movement as two of the bigger guys moved in. I looked from left to right, snagging their eyes, and they stopped, which was when I made a point of putting my blaster back in its holster. Let’s just say that what came next wasn’t fun, and that nan-gel has helpful anaesthetic properties when it comes to minor field surgery, but does nothing for the pain you get from being hit once too many times upside the head.
“Sorry.”
----------------------------------------------------------------

Would you like to read more? 

The first three books and two short stories in the Mack ‘n’ Me ‘n’ Odyssey series: Mack ‘n’ Me: Origins, The Depredides Dance, Mack ‘n’ Me: Blaedergil’s Host, Mack ‘n’ Me: Arach and Cloud Door, are also available. The fourth book, Mack ‘n’ Me: The Transporter’s Favour will release shortly.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go