Mack 'n' Me #6 - Writing Update #2

I am on Writing Day 5, as I prepare this post, so that day will come out as a snippet on its own. In the meantime, here are pieces taken from the previous two days' work...and this isn't the only novel I'm working on - but I'd like to keep the other one under wraps for just a bit longer. It's fantasy and I'm still sorting it out.

In the meantime, here's a little more Mack.

Writing - Day 3 (Chapter 5):

Information became sketchy after that. The captain had returned to the domed city and taken an apartment in its slowly expanding residential district. She’d seemed to adjust well to the change from active to diplomatic duty for the Earth Council, apart from the nightmares that plagued her.

“Put a tap on her,” Mack instructed, after watching the last piece of footage. “I want to know everything—from what she had for breakfast to how long she spends in the shower.”

“And the lizardine?”

“They don’t need to know.” He glanced over at me. “I need you to lock it away.”

“Mack…” I began. We both knew I had as much chance of locking my head down as I did stepping into vacuum without a suit.

“I’ll do it,” he told me

I wanted to argue, but…

“I could just stay out of his way…” I offered.


Writing - Day 4 (Chapter 6):

Stepyan broke left and I went right. Mack kept moving in a straight line. With any luck, they’d take few more seconds to register him, given we’d been blocking him from view…kinda… He was bigger than either of us.

Nice, Cutter…

Truth hurts, Tens noted.

When I want commentary from the rest of you, I’ll let you know.

I didn’t have time to respond to any of it. Some bastard was shooting at me. That was perfectly legitimate, of course, because I sure as shit was shooting right back.

Just don’t hit anyone important, Stepyan warned.

Like the lizardine? I wondered, and gave a mental shrug. Did I look stupid to him?

He didn’t answer and I hit the dirt and rolled to avoid the next burst. When I came up it was like slamming into a brick wall…only I didn’t bounce back. I just collided and then stopped.

Mid-stride.

My finger frozen on the trigger.

My whole body exposed to whatever shot came next.

And, oh my, that was a very big gun.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow will be Day 6, and I will be posting the snippet from today's work. I look forward to seeing you, then.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go