Mack 'n' Me #6 - Writing Update #6

Words from yesterday, which ended up being a short day as my headache worsened into nausea and a head cold or mild flu...or something...at least I know why I was having trouble concentrating. Only 2k done, instead of the usual 6k, but here you go:

Words from Day 9 (Chapter 18):

Ssesketh pushed himself away from the wall, hissing softly to draw our attention.

“Can you tell me why you are dressing as though you need to go to war?” he asked, his crest rippling with what I thought was uncertainty.

I looked at Mack, and Mack looked at me, and then we both looked around at our visitors, our gazes passing over a rapidly sobering Tens and Abby, and then moving on to take the two lizardine into account.

“You mean we’re not?” I asked, disappointment edging my voice.

Mack was more direct.

“Why the Hell else would the four of you come unannounced and uninvited into Cutter’s private quarters, unless there was some kind of trouble going down?”

From the way he said it, he was telling them that there had better be a damned emergency going down—or someone’s head was going to roll.

Tens straightened up and glanced at Abby, all trace of humor gone from his face.

“It’s about time you worked it out, although I thought she,” and here he glanced at me, “would have worked it out a darned sight faster.”

“Maybe if you’d knocked politely…” I began, and Abby rolled her eyes.

“We did knock…politely and loudly! Honestly, we coulda walked in here and killed you both and you wouldn’t have woken.”

I looked at Mack, and he looked back. Somehow we found that hard to believe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's all, from yesterday. I'd better get started on tomorrow's wording. Take care out there - and have a great day!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go