Mack 'n' Me #6: Writing Update #5

Work continues - and the word count tells me I'm over the half-way mark. The chapter outline, surprisingly, actually agrees, which is a nice change. Yesterday's snippet is as follows:

Words from Day 8 (Chapter 17):

I let them argue about who got tank time and when, and didn’t really care when I had to spend another two days in the pod. It was nice to just drift, filtering through the information and chasing down links and innuendo.

It wasn’t so much what the intruder’s craft had been in communication with, but who—and discovering that wasn’t as straight forward as it seemed.

“Energon Tri,” I told Mack, twelve hours in, and Abby confirmed it.

“You can’t be serious?” Delight interrupted, and vanished to her quarters.

Mack snickered. “Looks like Odyssey have some house cleaning to do.”

Laugh all you like, Delight retorted, but keep me in the loop. We’ve lost our trousers and didn’t even know it.”

Mack’s laughter died, and I found myself with a temporary link to both Delight and Pritchard. At least they knew when to shut their mouths and keep the hell out of my way.

We did train you, you know? Delight snarked, catching that thought as it passed.

I blew her a raspberry. Tens found plenty you missed.

Tens has a different outlook on how hacking needs to be carried out, and the ethics involved,” Delight replied.

Listen to who’s talking…

Doc intervened. If you can’t keep this civil, I’ll cut the link. Cutter needs calm and quiet.

She does? Delight didn’t sound like she believed him.

And she wasn’t alone. Doc’s statement caught me by surprise, as well. I do?

I can sedate you with the push of a button… he warned.

I gasped, fighting the urge to try and tear my way out of the pod.

Delight laughed. So, who’s supposed to be keeping Cutter calm and quiet?

Who wants access to the analysis? Doc snapped back.

Delight fell quiet.

That’s what I thought, Doc snarled.

We all stayed pretty quiet after that. Doc seemed to be one of his ‘moods’ and none of us wanted to be on the receiving end of a Doc-style ‘lesson’. That man just did not play fair.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's all you get... for now... I'll be back tomorrow with some words from today - but, first, I have to write them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go