An Extract from this Month's Release: Behind Me, Before Me

 To celebrate this month's release of the second edition of 366 Days of Poetry released. Links to the collection can be found at: https://books2read.com/u/3n2Yv9.

 

Behind Me, Before Me

 

Written on August 3, 2015, for the April 13 entry of 366 Days of Poetry, this piece is set on a battlefield.

 

Snow clouds drift,

a dirty grey,

brown puff balls in the sky.

 

I see them,

fly above me,

low enough to touch.

 

I feel cold,

the wind bites sharp,

numbing cheeks and nose.

 

My fingers

are frozen stiff,

even in the gloves I wear.

 

My sword hand

aches with bitter cold.

My soul aches as I stand.

 

Behind me,

lie the many dead.

Before me, lies the foe.

 

 


Cover art is by Jake at JCaleb Design, and links to 366 Days of Poetry can be found on Books2Read at: https://books2read.com/u/3n2Yv9.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go