First Words—July 23, 2018: C.M. Simpson

On Monday, I realised that I hadn’t built a glossary, or series ‘bible’, for my current fantasy series, and I spent quite a bit of time going back to the first book for important details like the king’s name, the naming convention for the sea elves, the name of the elven land, little things like that. Note to future self: always build a glossary of terms, names and whatever as you go; it saves a tonne of time later. As a result of having to do that research, I ran out of time to work on Mack ‘n’ Me ‘n’ Odyssey #4. Here are the first words from Monday:

The Priestess, the Prince & the Dragon’s Children


Tarquin breathed a sigh of relief, and then came and stretched out beside me. I looked up at where he had propped himself on one elbow and was looking down at me. He reached across me with one hand, brushing a stray lock of hair out of my face, and stroking my cheek.

“I love you,” he said, and I smiled, feeling the unexpected prickle of tears at the edge of my eyes.

He found another strand of hair, and tucked it away from my face. When he was done, he draped his arm around me.

“I have missed you,” he said, and I knew he meant not just the months he’d been away at sea, but the hours he’d spent away from me during the day.

“I have missed you, too,” I said, which was true. His absence formed a hollow in my world.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Would you like to read more? 

The first book in this series, The Priestess, the Prince & the Dragon is currently available on most platforms.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian Insects: An Unknown Caterpillar eating Grevillea flower buds

PokemonGo Tips - Earning the Berry Master Medal

The Great Publishing Challenge: 6 Down, 6 to Go